Regular testing for people with no COVID-19 symptoms is one of the ways we can all help keep people safe and stop the spread new variants in Edinburgh. Infection rates are rising across Edinburgh, so we’re urging people to keep testing, even if they’ve been vaccinated.
- Drumbrae Library Hub from Monday 5 July to 10 July
- Fountainbridge Library from 5 July to 17 July (closed Sunday 11 July)
- McDonald Road Library from Monday 12 July to Saturday 17 July
- Assembly Rooms from Monday 12 July to Saturday 17 July
- Mobile testing unit at Heart of Midlothian Football Club, Wheatfield Stand until Sunday 11 July
- Mobile testing unit drive through at Hibernian Easter Road Stadium, East Stand Albion Place/Hawkhill Place) until Sunday 11 July
- Mobile testing unit at South East Locality office, Captain’s Road car park until Sunday 18 July
- Mobile testing unit at Craigroyston High School, Pennywell Road from Monday 12 July to Sunday 18 July
- Mobile testing unit at Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre, Harvesters Way from Monday 12 July to Sunday 18 July
We’re open from 9am to 6pm and there’s no need to book. We also have home testing kits people can pick up. Testing is free, fast and safe. It will only take around 15 minutes to take the test and 45 minutes for people to be sent their results.
If you can’t get to the library, you can order free rapid lateral flow test kits online or by phoning the National Testing Centre on 119.
Almost 1 in 3 people infected with Covid-19 don’t have any of the usual symptoms but are potentially passing on the virus unknowingly to family, friends and others in the community. By getting tested people can find out if they are positive and self-isolate at home to stop spreading the virus to others. People who have been vaccinated are also encouraged to take a test as they may still carry the virus.
You can find out more about community testing on our web pages at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/communitytesting
Please can you share this with your contacts in the community and encourage people to come along for testing.
Thank you for your help.